Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Pen Tool...

The tool that everyone is afraid to use... The Pen Tool

            I have never liked the pen tool. It's a very hard tool to master, but once you know how to use it, it comes in handy. I am getter better at using the pen tool. At first I was really frustrated because I didn't know how to use it and it started doing all this crazy stuff that I didn't want it to do. I must have got told about 50 times how to use the pen tool and still didn’t master it. You usually can’t learn something the first try though. The pen tool takes a lot of practice and patience. I asked how to use the pen tool a few times, and then I took a deep breath, and just concentrated on what I was doing. I took at least two graphic design classes before this one and I didn't really know how to make curves using the pen tool, so I just used the paintbrush or the lines... (not supposed to do). My teachers and Adobe Illustrator tutorials helped me how to use the pen tool though. If you got taught how to use something a long time ago and then try to use it again, more than likely you would need a refresher on how to do it.
            I finally know how to make curves using the pen tool thanks to my teacher! (Mr. Willie) I still need to practice with it, but I'm defiantly better now than before.

You learn something new everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment