Sunday, February 12, 2012

Walt Disney

I have always looked at the "Disney" logo one way. I looked at the first letter with the straight line and then the curve (it's hard to explain what it looks like to me, but I know other people see it my way too). It looked to me like a made up letter just for Disney. I never actually saw the "D" in it until last year. You can look at the first letter a couple of ways. This version of the Disney logo is a font-based type.




But, the version of the "Walt Disney" logo plus the background of the Disney World princess castle with the shooting star is a combination mark logo. I like Disney's logo. I wish I could design my logo as a combination mark so I could use the font-based logo and/or the picture part of the logo. When you are first starting a company and putting a logo out there, people have to familiarize with the company first before they can recognize the picture part of the logo without the font-based part of the logo though.


No comments:

Post a Comment